Under CASR Part 61.1295(5) and 61.1305(3A), examiners are obliged to notify us of their intention to conduct a flight test or proficiency check. We oversee and monitor flight tests and proficiency checks through the Flight Test Management (FTM) system.
You can use FTM to notify a flight test at least 24 hours before it takes place if you are:
- a flight examiner
- an approved testing officer
- a relevant Part 61.040 approval holder
- a CASA officer.
Flight instructors are not to use FTM to enter flight review information.
FTM is an easy-to-use online process that gives flight examiners:
- a single place online to find examiner and applicant flight tests, proficiency checks and endorsement records
- real time updates to licensing records
- ability to update, change, cancel and submit results of notified flight tests.
Using the Flight Test Management System
Flight examiners and Part 61.040 approval holders can use FTM to notify, change, cancel and report on flight tests and proficiency checks.
FTM validates your flight examiner rating and endorsements before you notify a flight test. If you have any problems getting to the next stage, check your qualifications are correct in CASA Self Service.
Contact us if you need to:
- notify us of a flight test within 24 hours
- change any details once you have passed or failed a flight test.
We update FTM several times a year and schedule these outages to cause the least disruption to users. When FTM is offline, we place messages on the FTM landing and log on pages.
Flight test management data
We use the data in FTM to keep track of the flight testing process and analyse trends at an industry level.
This helps us develop improved flight training and safety education programs.
FTM includes about 50 flight test types across aeroplane, helicopter and balloon categories.
Contact us if:
- you are unsure which flight tests you can perform in a particular aircraft
- you can’t find the data you need in FTM using the search function.